Our History

At the end of the 1800's the Peveri family came to live in Chaiaravalle Alseno to work on the land belonging to the Chiaravalle Della Colomba Abbey.

Remo, the founder of the family as an adolescent learned the trade of salume making in a well known salumificio in Milan. In 1920 he started his own business in Stradella in the province of Pavia, but returned to Chiaravalle at the beginning of the second world war. He worked as a travelling butcher between 1930 and 1940. He made his reputation during the first years of the war becoming well known and greatly valued. His young son Carlo was always at his side learning all about meat and its processing. In 1952 Carlo opened a salumificio in the Commenda Palace in Chiaravalle della Colomba.

With great love and passion for his work he expanded his business till in 2009 he achieved his ambition by opening the new and elegant "Salumificio Peveri", close to famous Cistercian Abbey.

Today these premises include the production area, the logistic base, the workshop,the sales office,an area dedicated to the selection of meat, the packaging area and the beautiful family store for retail sales.

We are very proud of our showroom reserved for our visitors and lovers of good food, but we take particular pride in our traditional underground cellar.